High-intensity interval training (HIIT) has become a popular way to burn fat in the gym and to build muscle. These are intense exercise to be done before a small break. These cardio workouts are the best way to burn fat in a short period.
1. Burn Calories
- According to researchers, a HIIT cardio workout can burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. According to the British Journal of Sports Medicine 2019 report, people doing HIIT workout lost 28.5% more fat than the people training on moderately-intense but continuous exercise.
2. Increase Body Metabolism
- HIIT cardio workout has an impressive ability to increase your body metabolic rate for hours even after exercise. According to Harvard, if a person’s metabolic rate is high, they will burn more calories at rest and during activity.
3. Gain Muscle Mass
- HIIT cardio workout also helps increase muscle mass if done with the right weights and technique in specific individuals.
4. Lose Fats
- HIIT and traditional moderate-intensity exercise can reduce body fat and waist circumference. HIIT can produce similar fat loss to traditional endurance exercise, even with a much smaller time commitment. They can also reduce unhealthy visceral fat.
5. Improves Oxygen Consumption
- HIIT cardio workout also improves an individual’s oxygen consumption capacity. According to a study, five weeks of high-intensity workout performed for 20 minutes each day, improved the oxygen consumption of an individual by 9%.
6. Reduce Heart Rate And Blood Pressure
- HIIT can reduce blood pressure and heart rate, primarily in overweight or obese individuals with high blood pressure. Studies found HIIT can decreased blood pressure as much as traditional continuous endurance training in adults with high blood pressure
7. Maintains Blood Sugar Level
- HIIT cardio workout also lowers down blood sugar levels in diabetic individuals. According to a study, along with blood sugar level reduction in diabetic patients, HIIT also improves insulin resistance compared to normal exercise.
8. Free Of Equipments
- The HIIT cardio workout does not usually require any training equipment. The above suggested ten exercises do not need any expensive heavy equipment other than the rope, which is easily available at home.